I've not completely given up though... I think my problem was two fold. Firstly, I think the season was wrong. Perhaps if I had held my patience and harvested the roots near winter time they might have had a better flavor. I'm also wondering what might happen if I peeled the roots before drying them. The aftertaste had that woody, bark flavor and I'm wondering if it didn't come from that. Just have to wait until it gets a bit cooler and we'll do it all over again.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Dock Coffee Part 3
FAIL!!! Unfortunately, this experiment was a big old fail. The initial taste of the drink was bitter, somewhat akin to coffee. Not exact, but for me, close enough. The problem was the aftertaste. I'm not sure how to explain it, other than slightly woody. I guess, more than slightly. It was more-or-less unbearable, to the point I dumped it out.
I've not completely given up though... I think my problem was two fold. Firstly, I think the season was wrong. Perhaps if I had held my patience and harvested the roots near winter time they might have had a better flavor. I'm also wondering what might happen if I peeled the roots before drying them. The aftertaste had that woody, bark flavor and I'm wondering if it didn't come from that. Just have to wait until it gets a bit cooler and we'll do it all over again.
I've not completely given up though... I think my problem was two fold. Firstly, I think the season was wrong. Perhaps if I had held my patience and harvested the roots near winter time they might have had a better flavor. I'm also wondering what might happen if I peeled the roots before drying them. The aftertaste had that woody, bark flavor and I'm wondering if it didn't come from that. Just have to wait until it gets a bit cooler and we'll do it all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment